The Second Session of the School Exchange Programme.
The second School Exchange Programme was held on 28th September, 2012 at St. Dominic Savio High School. 32 students attended the programme ; 17 students from the Young Indian School & 15 from St. Dominic Savio School attended this programme.
Ms. Farha & Ms Nazia from the Young Indian School & Ms. Sarita from St.Dominic Savio High School accompanied the students.
• The programme was initiated with a song-Mera Bhi to Adhikar Hai
• Students of St. Dominic Savio School presented a skit and a Power Point Presentation on Child Rights.
• Two skits and presentation of charts depicting their views about Child Rights and Child Labour was put up by the Young Indians School Students.
• Don Bosco Balprafulta staff screened a PPT on Child Rights and Responsibilities.
• There was a Review of action Plan which the students had presented in their own schools and they briefed it to the students.
• St.Dominic Savio School school students came up with a future plan :
To form a students’ group which will be named “Young Social Crusaders”
Spread the message during the school assemblies
Make an impact in the neighbourhood :
Presentations in society gatherings
Interviews with some child labourers in the vicinity
Organizing Each one teach one programme in their locality
Identify students within their own school who wish to learn and teach them at least twice a month.
• The Young Indians School had come up with the following action plan and presented it at the session:
Prepared charts on Child Rights and Child Labour
Prepared 2 skits, one on Child Labour and the other on Gender Equity.
They had also conducted a Discussion in the assembly on Child Rights.
• The programme ended with a screening of the movie “Ek Naya Suraj” .
All the students participated enthusiastically and came up with brilliant ideas which they will implement in the future.