PRIMARY HOUSE CLOSING CEREMONY

ST. DOMINIC SAVO HIGH SCHOOL
HOUSE CLOSING CEREMONY OF THE PRIMARY SECTION

Comp 1 : Good morning and a very warm welcome to our Rev. Fr. Rector -Fr. Godfrey D’Souza, Rev. Fr. Principal - Fr. Crispino D’Souza, Supervisor – Mrs. Maria Xavier, teachers, non- teaching staff and you my dear friends. Today we have gathered here to celebrate a very special event i.e. The House Closing Ceremony 2011 –2012.Let us participate in this ceremony with due reverence and attention. To begin with, let us start with a prayer. Kindly join your hands and say Our Father.




Comp 2 : The foundation of our very institution has been laid on the principles and philosophy of St. John Bosco who dared to dream and achieved his mission of moulding the thousands of young minds.

Comp 1 : His preventive system was based on reason, religion and loving kindness. Don Bosco’s legacy is lived today by multitude of salesians all across the world.

Comp 2: Yes! And so its befitting that we dedicated this scholastic year in honour of our father and founder St. John Bosco keeping this very theme in our mind each house looked up for guidance from the disciples of our dear Don Bosco 

RED HOUSE
Blessed Michael Rua the first successor of St. John Bosco. Motto “Obedience and Respect”.
BLUE HOUSE
Blessed Artemide Zatti Motto “Sacrifice and Service to all”.

Comp 1 : GREEN HOUSE Little Michael Magone Motto “Self belief and reason”.
YELLOW HOUSE Blessed Philip Rinaldi a master of Salesian ways and spirituality. Motto “Serenity in prayer”.

Throughout this academic year 2011 –2012. We had numerous activities to keep us going. As we would say all good things come to an end. Today is the grand finale of the closing ceremony of the house system 2011 – 2012.


The prefects of the various houses will now recite the thanksgiving prayer.
( All the leaders will march on the stage)
1. Thanksgiving Prayer For Studies – (Red House Prefect)

Thank you for helping me Lord, to have the desire to learn and for making it easy for me to understand what I studied and retain what I learnt. Thank you for giving me the power to concentrate and complete my assignments efficiently and also for making me a person capable of contributing my little bit to build a better (world).

2. Thanksgiving Prayer for Discipline – (Blue House Prefect)

Thank you Lord for helping me to understand , that prayer is a means of being united to you the greatest power. Thank you for giving me a grateful heart that I may never give up thanking and praising you every moment of my life and also for giving me the additional inspiration that make things work. May my prayer help me to be well- disciplined.

3. Thanksging Prayer for Activities – (Green House Prefect)

Lord I thank you that school has come to an end, and soon we will have our holidays. So Refresh, relax our minds with lovely things to do. Sleep and rest may the tensions disappear. May all be wholesome, joyous with no fear – pictures and stories and strength giving games, Outings with friends and interesting hobbies, Funful and free, be sporting and helpful. At home, and outside always be joyful.

4. Thanksgiving Prayer For Management – (Yellow House Prefect)

Thank you for this school, St. Dominic Savio, which build us up academically and morally. Thank you for the dynamic leadership in Rev. Fr. Rector – Godfrey D’Souza , Our powerful Principal Rev. Fr. Crispino D’Souza, our administrator Rev. Fr. Edwin Colaco our Counsellor Rev. Fr. Bosco Pereira and Rev. Fr. Barnabee, our Supervisor – Mrs. Maria Xavier. Lord bless them with good health of mind and body. Thanks to all the teachers who keep helping us and moulding our lives. We also thank God for making us strong so that we can face the future with better challenges to come our way. 

Comp 2 :. We now have the School Captain who will hand over the responsibilities to Rev. Fr. Principal.
( School Captain/ Vice-Captain will march down the stage)

6. We now have some boys singing a song – 
Wind Beneath My Wings.


1. It must have been cold there in my shadow.
to never have sunlight on your face
You were content to let me shine.that’s your way
You always walked a step behind
So I was the one with all the glory.
While you were the one with all the strength
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
Abeautiful smile to hide the pain.

CH. Did you ever know that you ‘re my hero.
And everything I would like to be.
I can fly higher than an eagle.
Cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

2. It might have appeared to go unnoticed
but I’ve got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know, Iknow the truth of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you

The prize distribution ceremony
Comp 2 :. We will now have the prize distribution ceremony. I request Fr. Rector along with our Supervisor to come and do the honours. 

I also request Sir Dayanand Shetty declare the winner for (The Best House in Studies). 


RED HOUSE
I now request the house teacher to come along with the leader on the stage.


Comp 1 : I now request Sir Balkrishna Kadam to declare the winner . ( The Best House in Co-Curricular Activities). 
BLUE HOUSE
I now request the house teacher to come along with the leader on the stage.

Comp 2 : I now request Mrs. Sandra Misquitta to declare the winner for (The Best Class in Discipline). 
STD III A
I now request the class teacher to come along with the monitor on the stage. 

Comp 1 :. I now request Mrs. Sujata Kudtarkar to declare the winner for (The Deserving Boys fund).
STD IV B
I now request the class teacher to come along with the monitor on the stage.

THANK YOU REV. FR. RECTOR


Comp 2 :. I now request our Principal Rev. Fr. Crispino D’Souza to declare the winner for 
(Overall Champion House of the Primary Section 2011 –2012).
RED HOUSE
I now request the house teacher to come along with the leader on the stage.

I also request our administrator Rev. Fr. Edwin Colasco to give away the certificates to our U8 footbaall team who stood third and made our school proud and the relay boys 


Comp 1 : I now request Rev. Fr. Rector to address us and to declare the House System 
2011-2012 close.


Comp 2 :. I now request Master Alvin Mascarenhas to give the vote of thanks.





VOTE OF THANKS

We the students know that you our dear teacher were always there doing your best. You may not think of these little things everyday, but as the year has gone by we know deep down in our hearts that they really meant a lot to all of us. All your good deeds have brighten up each day as they remind us that someone cared. Your loving deeds remind us, how nice it was to have some one who was as a good as you. These very things you have done have touched our hearts. And so I stand here before you to thank you for being so 
helpful without expecting much in return. Your kind gesture have truly made a lot of difference. Your presence this academic year has helped us grow, for we knew if we needed a shoulder to lean on you were there. For all the kindness shown to us dear Rev. Fr. Rector, Rev, Fr. Principal, Rev. Fr. Administrator, Supervisor and you my dear teachers. Guidance that’s beyond the ordinary. Nothing in life is beyond reach, with Teachers like all of You. We just want to say thank you. Thank you so much, once again and God Bless You all always.

Comp 1 : CONCLUDE :As we conclude let us take the spirit of Don Bosco in our souls and make it a guiding light which will shine and radiate through us and around us.

Not only in our school, classrooms but in our neighbourhood, our families and in our surroundings

Comp 2 : Boys please stand at attention for the school anthem

No comments:

Post a Comment